Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -æki
- Of a substance, slightly sticky.
- This paint isn't dry yet - it's still a bit tacky.
- (colloquial) Of low quality.
- That market stall sells all sorts of tacky ornaments.
- (colloquial) In poor taste.
- That was a tacky thing to say.
- gaudy, flashy, showy, garish
- dowdy, shabbily dressed
- shabby, dowdy (in one's appearance)
colloquial: of low quality
colloquial: in bad taste
gaudy, flashy, showy, garish
dowdy, shabby (in one's appearance)
tacky (plural tackies)
- Alternative form of