Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Hà Nội) IPA(key): [tiən˧˧]
- (Huế) IPA(key): [tiəŋ˧˧]
- (Hồ Chí Minh City) IPA(key): [tiəŋ˧˧]
- Homophone: Tiên
- (only in fixed Sino-Vietnamese expressions) first
- Tiên học lễ, hậu học văn.
- One must learn manners first; education comes later.
- (Chinese mythology or literature) a hermit (either of human or yokai origin) who trains themself for thousands of years to become a god, or a state of existence between a human (nhân) and a god (thần)
- thần tiên
- gods and hermits
- Hằng Nga Tiên tử
- Heng'e the Hermit
- (by extension, Western fantasy) a fine, beautiful creature such as a fairy, a pixie, an undine, an elf, a dryad, etc.