Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (graph theory) The number of edges connected to a vertex in a graph.
- Synonym: degree
- (especially chemistry) Valence.
- (linguistics) The capacity of a verb to take a specific number of arguments.
- Synonym: valence
- The capacity of something to combine with other things.
- 2018, James Lambert, “A multitude of ‘lishes’: The nomenclature of hybridity”, in English World-Wide, page 10:
- Some etymons appear to have greater valency than others when it comes to the formation of portmanteau words.