Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Green in colour.
- Abundant in verdure; lush with vegetation.
- 1796, Francois Le Vaillant, New Travels into the Interior Parts of Africa By Way of the Cape of Good Hope in the Years 1783, 84 and 85, G.G. And J. Robinson, page 224:
- It was a verdant and delightful valley, watered by a rivulet ...
- 1818, Mary Shelley, chapter 6, in Frankenstein:
- A serene sky and verdant fields filled me with ecstasy.
- a verdant youth from the interior of Connecticut
abundant in verdure
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked