Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɪz
- To make a whirring or hissing sound, similar to that of an object speeding through the air.
- To rush or move swiftly with such a sound.
- To throw or spin rapidly.
- (vulgar, slang) To urinate.
- We whizzed in the bushes.
to make a whirring or hissing sound
to throw or spin rapidly
slang: wiz to urinate
whiz (plural whizzes)
- A whirring or hissing sound (as above).
- (informal) Someone who is remarkably skilled at something.
- (vulgar, slang, especially with the verb "take") An act of urination; a wiz.
- I have to take a whiz.
- (Britain, slang, uncountable) amphetamine.
- See also Wikisaurus:skilled person
whirring or hissing sound