Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The state of being wide.
- The measurement of the extent of something from side to side.
- A piece of material measured along its smaller dimension, especially fabric.
- (cricket) The horizontal distance between a batsman and the ball as it passes him.
- (sports) The use of all the width of the pitch, from one side to the other.
- Manchester United like to play with width.
2011 September 18, Ben Dirs, “Rugby World Cup 2011: England 41-10 Georgia”, in BBC Sport:
- England looked to put width on the ball after the restart, Armitage very nearly going over in the corner only for the video referee to decide his foot was in touch. But Armitage did get on the score-sheet five minutes later, Ben Foden straightening and putting the London Irish man in.
- (extent or measure of how broad or wide something is): breadth
state of being wide
measurement of something from side to side
Translations to be checked