Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Winning
- That constitutes a win.
- the winning entry in the competition
- the winning lotto numbers
- That leads to success.
- a winning formula, strategy, etc.
- a winning smile
that constitutes a win
that leads to success
winning (plural winnings)
- The act of obtaining something, as in a contest or by competition.
- (chiefly in the plural) The money, etc., gained by success in competition or contest, especially in gambling.
- 1387–1400, Geoffrey Chaucer, “The Man of Lawes Tale”, in The Canterbury Tales, [Westminster: William Caxton, published 1478], OCLC 230972125; republished in [William Thynne], editor, The Workes of Geffray Chaucer Newlye Printed, […], [London]: […] [Richard Grafton for] Iohn Reynes […], 1542, OCLC 932884868:
- Ye seeke land and sea for your winnings.
- (mining) A new opening.
- The portion of a coalfield out for working.
- Alternative form of