Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) to answer (the phone)
- to serve or answer (at a service counter or help desk)
- to take into account; to consider
- to meet, conform to, deal with or cater to (circumstances, requirements or expectations)
- to suit or accomodate (limitations, requirements or expectations)
Conjugation of the Portuguese -er verb atender
- (transitive) to pay attention to (something); to attend to (something)
- (transitive) to care for (someone, especially the ill)
- (transitive) to comply with (some rule)
- (intransitive) to pay attention; to mind
- atender a alguien—“to pay attention to someone”
- Rule: e becomes ie in stressed syllables.
Conjugation of atender (See Appendix:Spanish verbs)
- Atender is a false friend, and does not mean “to attend (an event)”. The word for this in Spanish is asistir.