Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Enjoying health and vigor of body, mind, or spirit: well.
- He was father to three healthy kids.
1935, George Goodchild, chapter 5, Death on the Centre Court:
- By one o'clock the place was choc-a-bloc. […] The restaurant was packed, and the promenade between the two main courts and the subsidiary courts was thronged with healthy-looking youngish people, drawn to the Mecca of tennis from all parts of the country.
- Conducive to health.
- A healthy diet and exercise can help to maintain proper weight.
2013 July 19, Ian Sample, “Irregular bedtimes may affect children's brains”, The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 6, page 34:
- Irregular bedtimes may disrupt healthy brain development in young children, according to a study of intelligence and sleeping habits. ¶ Going to bed at a different time each night affected girls more than boys, but both fared worse on mental tasks than children who had a set bedtime, researchers found.
- Evincing health.
- (figuratively) Significant, hefty; beneficial.
- a healthy respect for authority
- Sam unwrapped the sandwich and took a healthy bite out of the middle.
- (conducive to health): healthful
enjoying health and vigor of body, mind, or spirit: well
conducive to health
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked