melon; claw; gourd; squash
child; son; (noun suff.); small thing; midnight; 11 p.m.-1 a.m.; seed; egg; 1st earthly branch
|simp. and trad.
|alt. forms||瓜籽 “seed”|
- Min Nan
- (Hokkien: Xiamen, Quanzhou, Zhangzhou, mainstream Taiwanese)
- (Hokkien: variant in Taiwan)
- melon seed (Classifier: 粒 ; 顆／颗 )
- any edible seed consumed as a snack
嗑瓜子 ― kè guāzǐ ― to eat melon seeds
- (obsolete, colloquial) strike with two fingers on someone's arm as a punishment
- (obsolete or Central Plains Mandarin, Lanyin Mandarin) stupid person; idiot
- (in compounds) A diminutive suffix for a round object, especially the head or the brain.