竈 (radical 116, 穴+16, 21 strokes, cangjie input 十金土口山 (JCGRU), composition ⿱𥤧黽)
- KangXi: page 869, character 26
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 25703
- Dae Jaweon: page 1298, character 34
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 4, page 2746, character 11
- Unihan data for U+7AC8
|For pronunciation and definitions of 竈 – see 灶 (“kitchen range; kitchen; etc.”).|
(This character, 竈, is a variant traditional form of 灶.)
- This variant form is the name of the forty-fourth tetragram of the Taixuanjing (𝌱), as listed in the ancient text.
- In the first batch of simplified Chinese characters (1935), it was proposed for this character to be simplified as 灶. The simplification of 竈 to 灶 was finally approved in 1965 in mainland China. Note that in traditional Chinese (Taiwan), this character is classified as a variant form of 灶.
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji, kyūjitai kanji, shinjitai form 竃)
- Kyūjitai form of 竈 (hearth; kitchen stove)
竃 (U+7AC3) which is an extended shinjitai character that was added to JIS X 0208 in 1990, is the preferred form for this character.
竈 • (jo) (hangeul 조)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text