- A Hangul syllabic block made up of ㅁ, ㅕ, and ㅇ.
- IPA(key): [mjʌ̹ŋ]
- Phonetic hangeul: [명]
|Revised Romanization (translit.)?
Sino-Korean word from 名 (“name/counter for people”)
명 • (myeong) (hanja 名)
- a person's name
- 이름 (ireum, “name”)
- 사람 (saram, “person”) (uncommon as counter)
명 • (myeong)
- counter for people
식당에 먹으러 가고 외식자 열 명쯤과 이야기를 했다.
- Sikdang-e meogeureo gago oesikja yeol myeongjjeumgwa iyagireul haetda.
- (I) went to eat at a restaurant and talked with about 10 diners.
Sino-Korean word from 命
명 • (myeong) (hanja 命)
Sino-Korean word from 明
명 • (myeong) (hanja 明)
- Ming dynasty
- 명나라 (myeongnara, “Ming dynasty”)