Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Revised Romanization (translit.)?||eulo|
으로 • (-euro)
- to, toward: directional case marker, in a physical sense
- into, direction of a change: directional case marker in a metaphorical sense; expresses transformation or direction towards a certain time
- using, out of; with: instrumental case marker, marking material, instruments, or means of doing something
- due to; from: instrumental case marker, marking causation
- as; as being; in the state of: instrumental case marker, marking state, manner, status, or capacity
- as of: instrumental case marker, marking an update in a list of previous events
- (archaic) from; egressive case marker, in a physical or chronological sense
- (Gyeongsang) Marks the direct object for certain action verbs, especially verbs that have a direct impact on the object.
- Synonym: (Standard Korean) 을 (-eul)
- Used in various expressions:
- Usually in the first sense, 으로 (-euro) is more indirect as it expresses going towards a certain direction or a certain location. 에 (-e) on the other hand, expresses a direct location, which is similar to 를 (-reul).