Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cognate with Korean 소리 (sori).
First attested in the Seokbo sangjeol (釋譜詳節 / 석보상절), 1447, as Middle Korean 소리〮 (Yale: swòlí).
- (SK Standard/Seoul) IPA(key): [sʰo̞ɾi]
- Phonetic hangul: [소리]
|Revised Romanization (translit.)?||soli|
- South Gyeongsang (Busan) pitch accent: 소리의 / 소리에 / 소리까지
Syllables in red take high pitch. This word always takes high pitch only on the first syllable, and lowers the pitch of subsequent suffixes.
소리 • (sori)
- 2017, “경두”, in 첫사랑, 문학동네, →ISBN, page 83:
- 조는 척하고 있었지만 네가 그 자리에 있는 것처럼 가슴이 뛰었다. 그 고동 소리를 듣고 청년이 내게로 온다면 나는 나도 모르게 잘못했다고 빌 것 같았다.
- Joneun cheok-hago isseotjiman ne-ga geu jari-e inneun geot-cheoreom gaseum-i ttwieotda. Geu godong sori-reul deutgo cheongnyeon-i nae-ge-ro onda-myeon na-neun na-do moreuge jalmot-haetda-go bil geot gatatda.
- I was pretending to doze off, but my heart was beating as if you were there. If the young man came to me, having heard that sound of my heart pounding, I would have begged for forgiveness in spite of myself.
- (especially in idiomatic expressions) voice
- (colloquial, especially derogatory) something said
- Synonym: 소문(所聞) (somun)
- (archaic) song (mainly traditional songs)
- Synonym: (modern) 노래 (norae)
- Jeju terms with IPA pronunciation
- Jeju lemmas
- Jeju nouns
- Korean terms inherited from Middle Korean
- Korean terms derived from Middle Korean
- Native Korean words
- Korean terms with audio links
- Korean terms with IPA pronunciation
- Korean terms with dialectal pitch accent marked
- Korean lemmas
- Korean nouns
- Korean terms with usage examples
- Korean terms with quotations
- Korean colloquialisms
- Korean derogatory terms
- Korean terms with archaic senses