Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Appendix:Variations of "un"
- Suffix variant for the illative singular: see -Vn.
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text
- Suffix denoting present tense.
- Second-person singular possessive suffix denoting singular possession in words ending in a consonant.
- Genitive case suffix for the nouns which end in a consonant
- If the noun ends in a vowel, it becomes -n (for the possession suffix)
- It's used only when the word's last vowel is "o" or "u". It may change into "-in", "-ın" and "-ün" according to the last vowel of the word. (possession suffix)
- If the word ends in "p", "ç", "t" or "k", it may change them into "b", "c", "d" and "ğ".
- It may cause the last vowel of the word to be dropped.
- If the word ends in a vowel, it's used with an auxiliary consonant; "n". (for the genitive case suffix)
- It must be used with an apostrophe if it's appended to a proper noun.