Category:English terms derived from the Bible
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Newest pages ordered by last category link update|
|Oldest pages ordered by last edit|
Fundamental » All languages » English » Terms by etymology » Terms attributed to a specific source » the Bible
English terms that originate from the Bible.
Pages in category "English terms derived from the Bible"
The following 144 pages are in this category, out of 144 total.
- salt of the earth
- scales fall from someone's eyes
- separate the wheat from the chaff
- Sermon on the Mount
- seven seals
- sign of the times
- sleep with one's fathers
- sow the wind, reap the whirlwind
- spare the rod and spoil the child
- suffer fools gladly
- sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
- sweat of one's brow
- swords to ploughshares
- swords to plowshares
- Synagogue of Satan