- (institute, US) Initialism of Institute for Human Studies.
- (institute, US) Initialism of Institute for Humanist Studies.
- (service, US) Initialism of Indian Health Service (a US health agency)
The reference to Jesus is from the first three letters of Jesus' name in Greek, ΙΗΣΟΥΣ, arising perhaps circa 14th century. The interpretation as an abbreviation Iesus Hominum Salvator is apparently a later back-formation when the Greek was no longer remembered. (See wikipedia Christogram.)
- In hoc signo (In this sign). Commonly seen on Christian churches.
- Iesus Hominum Salvator (Jesus Savior of Men).