Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A topographic surname for someone living near a rock or an oak ( atter + oke ).
- A male given name transferred from the surname.
- (preceded by "the" or "The") Nickname of Gibraltar.
- (preceded by "the" or "The") Nickname of the prison on Alcatraz Island, USA.
- (Canada, preceded by "the" or "The") Nickname of the island of Newfoundland in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- The given name is rare, but had some vogue in the 1950s due to an American film star named Rock Hudson.
- When used as a nickname for Gibraltar, Alcatraz prison, or Newfoundland, the preceding the is often capitalized.
Declension of Rock
- IPA(key): /ʁɔk/ (standard)
- IPA(key): /ɹɔk/ (less commonly, approximating English pronunciation)
Rock m (genitive Rocks, no plural)
- rock (style of music)
Declension of Rock (uncountable)
Rock m (plural Réck)