"The television is on." Isn't that an adj rather than an adv? 220.127.116.11 16:40, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- I think you're right. I think the first sense of the adverb definition is really an adjective definition. What do other Wiktionarians have to say? Internoob 23:24, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- I think it’s an adverb. It answers how or where the TV is turned (turned on, in the on position, in the on state). It is not an on TV. —Stephen 20:37, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
Wiktionary:Requests for verification discussion
The following information has failed Wiktionary's verification process.
Failure to be verified may either mean that this information is fabricated, or is merely beyond our resources to confirm. We have archived here the disputed information, the verification discussion, and any documentation gathered so far, pending further evidence.
Do not re-add this information to the article without also submitting proof that it meets Wiktionary's criteria for inclusion. See also Wiktionary:Previously deleted entries.
Per my talk page. Is this used in Dutch Low Saxon, or only in German Low German? I've seen it, but Low Saxon spelling is so variable, and this word is so short (and homographic to other common words), that it's rather difficult to search for. - -sche (discuss) 01:34, 31 August 2013 (UTC)
- It may be a short word, but e.g. the "Twents woordenboek" by G.J.H. Dijkhuis has no words between ömstaand and onabel on page 754. For what it's worth: I natively spoke "Sallaands"; I've heard and tried to speak "Tweants" and "Veenkoloniaals"; I don't know "on". --18.104.22.168 21:55, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
- I'd like to see quotations for un too. I would write "en" in any Dutch dialect. --22.214.171.124 22:06, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
- OTOH, he's rather short on "en" too.
- en gen ean, translated to Dutch as en geen einde ("and no end")
- two times èn, translated to Dutch as einde ("end")
- en nó vedan, translated to Dutch as nu ("now. from now on")
- On the third paw, Dijkhuis compiled the book mainly ten gerieve van allen, die beginnen met Twents dialect te lezen ("for all who start to read Tweants dialect"); mentioning that Tweants en is Dutch en doesn't help to read Tweants, if the compilation only translates to Dutch. --126.96.36.199 20:38, 18 November 2013 (UTC)