Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
arsenal (plural arsenals)
- A military establishment for the storing, development, manufacturing, testing, or repairing of arms, ammunition, and other war materiel; an armoury.
- A stock of weapons, especially all the weapons that a nation possesses.
- A store or supply of anything.
2014 January 21, Hermione Hoby, “Julia Roberts interview for August: Osage County – 'I might actually go to hell for this ...': Julia Roberts reveals why her violent, Oscar-nominated performance in August: Osage County made her feel 'like a terrible person' [print version: 'I might actually go to hell for this ...' (18 January 2014, p. R4)]”, The Daily Telegraph (Review):
- Foremost in her arsenal is that smile – so enormous and so absurdly disarming that someone should have worked out a way to harness its power into international conflict resolution.
- Any supply of aid collected to prepare a person or army for hardship
- He arrived with a large arsenal of cleansers and tools, and got right to work.
2012 March 3, John Branch, “Snow Fall : The Avalanche at Tunnel Creek”, New York Time:
- Elyse Saugstad, a professional skier, wore a backpack equipped with an air bag, a relatively new and expensive part of the arsenal that backcountry users increasingly carry to ease their minds and increase survival odds in case of an avalanche.
arsenal m (plural arsenaux)
- “arsenal” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
arsenal m (plural arsenais)
- arsenal (military establishment)
arsènāl m (Cyrillic spelling арсѐна̄л)
declension of arsenal
arsenal m (plural arsenales)