Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
arsenal (plural arsenals)
- A military establishment for the storing, development, manufacturing, testing, or repairing of arms, ammunition, and other war materiel; an armoury.
- A stock of weapons, especially all the weapons that a nation possesses.
- A store or supply of anything.
2014 January 21, Hermione Hoby, “Julia Roberts interview for August: Osage County – 'I might actually go to hell for this ...': Julia Roberts reveals why her violent, Oscar-nominated performance in August: Osage County made her feel 'like a terrible person' [print version: 'I might actually go to hell for this ...' (18 January 2014, p. R4)]”, in The Daily Telegraph (Review):
- Foremost in her arsenal is that smile – so enormous and so absurdly disarming that someone should have worked out a way to harness its power into international conflict resolution.
- Any supply of aid collected to prepare a person or army for hardship
- He arrived with a large arsenal of cleansers and tools, and got right to work.
2012 April 23, John Branch, “Snow Fall : The Avalanche at Tunnel Creek”, in New York Time:
- Elyse Saugstad, a professional skier, wore a backpack equipped with an air bag, a relatively new and expensive part of the arsenal that backcountry users increasingly carry to ease their minds and increase survival odds in case of an avalanche.
stock of weapons
store or supply of anything
arsenal m (plural arsenaux)
- (military, nautical) arsenal
- “arsenal” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
arsenal m (plural arsenais)
- arsenal (military establishment)
arsènāl m (Cyrillic spelling арсѐна̄л)
Declension of arsenal
arsenal m (plural arsenales)