Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Aspiration
- 1 English
- 2 Danish
- 3 French
- The act of aspiring or ardently desiring; an ardent wish or desire, chiefly after what is elevated or spiritual (with common adjunct adpositions being to and of).
- Riley has an aspiration to become a doctor.
- Morgan has an aspiration of winning the game.
hope or ambition
aspiration (plural aspirations)
action of aspirating
burst of air that follows the release of some consonants
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- aspiration in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- aspiration in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text
Declension of aspiration
aspiration f (plural aspirations)