Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A performance, by an aspiring performer, to demonstrate suitability or talent.
- I've been to five auditions this week.
- (uncountable) The sense of hearing.
- His audition was poor.
- An act of hearing; being heard.
- (rare) Something heard.
- → Hebrew: אוֹדִישֶׁן (odíshen)
performance by an aspiring performer
sense of hearing
- (transitive) To evaluate one or more performers in through an audition.
- We auditioned several actors for the part.
- (intransitive) To take part in such a performance.
- Several actors auditioned for the part.
evaluate one or more performers in through an audition
take part in such a performance
audition f (plural auditions)
- audition (all senses)
- “audition”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.