Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
autograph (plural autographs)
- A person’s own handwriting, especially the signature of a famous or admired person.
- A manuscript in the author’s handwriting.
- (person’s own handwriting or signature): signature, inscription
- (manuscript in author’s hand): protograph, holograph, archetype, original
autograph (not comparable)
- Written in the author’s own handwriting.
- (transitive) To sign, or write one’s name or signature on a book etc
- (transitive) To write something in one's own handwriting
to sign, or write one’s name or signature on a book