Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To take vengeance (for); to exact satisfaction for by punishing the injuring party; to vindicate by inflicting pain or evil on a wrongdoer.
- to avenge the murder of his brother
- (intransitive, obsolete) To take vengeance.
- (transitive, archaic) To treat revengefully; to wreak vengeance on.
- (take vengeance): bewreak, get back at, retaliate, take revenge
- (treat revengefully): spite
- See also Thesaurus:avenge
to take vengeance for
to treat revengefully
avenge (plural avenges)