Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Any game played with a ball.
- Basketball, cricket, and football are three kinds of ball game.
- A specific contest or match between teams playing such a game.
- George and Harriet went to the stadium to see the ball game.
- A sport played in the Aztec and Mayan civilizations; Mesoamerican ballgame.
- The ball game was the main sport in Central America before the arrival of the Spanish.
- (figuratively) affair, issue, matter, subject, story, topic
game played with a ball