Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: веер
beep (plural beeps)
- The sound produced by the horn of a car, or any similar sound.
- A short, electronically produced tone.
the sound of a the horn of a car
electronically produced tone
- (electronically produced): bleep
- (transitive) To sound (something that makes a beep).
- The motorists in the traffic jam were getting more and more frustrated and started beeping their horns.
- (transitive) To have sexual intercourse (with) - referring to the bleep tone used to censor obscene words in broadcasts
- Jason beeped Sharlene after they had drunk a few beers.
- (intransitive) To produce a beep.
- (transitive) Telephoning a person, but only allowing the phone to ring once, in order to request a call back.
- Susan beeped Jessica, and then Jessica called her back, because Susan didn't have enough credit on her phone to make the call.
- (sound (a car horn)): honk, hoot, sound, toot
- to have intercourse with, have sex with, fuck
- (telephoning): flash