Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɒŋk
- (transitive, intransitive) To use a car horn.
- They stood and observed how long it took for the other cars to honk.
- (intransitive) To make a sound like a car horn.
- (intransitive) To make the sound of a goose.
- "Honk!" she said, beaming reassuringly through the window and flapping her arms.
- (informal) To vomit: regurgitate the contents of one's stomach.
to use a car horn
to honk like a goose
honk (plural honks)
- The sound produced by a typical car horn.
- The cry of a goose.
the sound produced by a typical car horn
the cry of a goose
- Imitation of car horn, used, for example, to clear a path for oneself.