Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) enPR: bû(r)ch, IPA(key): /bɝtʃ/
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: bû(r)ch, IPA(key): /bɜːtʃ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɜː(ɹ)tʃ
- Any of various trees of the genus Betula, native to countries in the Northern Hemisphere.
- A hard wood taken from the birch tree, typically used to make furniture.
- A stick, rod or bundle of twigs made from birch wood, used for punishment.
- A birch-bark canoe.
- to punish with a stick, bundle of twigs, or rod made of birch wood.
- to punish as though one were using a stick, bundle of twigs, or rod made of birch wood.
to punish with a birch
to punish as if one were using a birch
- Alternative form of