Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -əʊləs
- A round mass of something, especially of chewed food in the mouth or alimentary canal.
- A single, large dose of a drug, especially one in that form.
- 1863, Sheridan Le Fanu, The House by the Churchyard:
- I gave him a bolus, twice the size of a gooseberry.
round mass of food
- (intransitive) To take a dose of insulin at a mealtime in order to control one's blood glucose level in diabetes.
- A sweet, soft pastry containing cinnamon from Zeeland, originating from European Jewish cuisine.
- (colloquial, Netherlands, by extension) A turd, a pat.
- bole (dated)
bolus m or f (plural bolussen)
- conditional of boli