Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Brahmin
brahmin (plural brahmins)
- A member of the Hindu priestly caste, one of the four varnas or social groups based on occupation in ancient Hindu society.
- One who has realized or attempts to realize Brahman, i.e. God or supreme knowledge.
- A scholar, teacher, priest, intellectual, researcher, scientist, knowledge-seeker, or knowledge worker.
- A social and cultural elite, especially in the New England region of the USA.
- A learned person of refined taste and mild manners.
brahmin (not comparable)
of or relating to brahmins
believer in Brahman