Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: caricaturé
caricature (plural caricatures)
- A pictorial representation of someone in which distinguishing features are exaggerated for comic effect.
2012 May 24, Nathan Rabin, “Film: Reviews: Men In Black 3”, in The Onion AV Club:
- Men In Black 3 lacks the novelty of the first film, and its take on the late ’60s feels an awful lot like a psychedelic dress-up party, all broad caricatures and groovy vibes.
- A grotesque misrepresentation.
- A grotesque caricature of virtue.
pictorial representation of someone for comic effect
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
represent in exaggerated manner
caricature f (plural caricatures)
- “caricature” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- plural of