chaperon (plural chaperons)
- An adult who accompanies or supervises one or more young, unmarried men or women during social occasions, usually with the specific intent of preventing some types of social or sexual interactions or illegal behavior.
- A hood, especially, an ornamental or official hood.
- His head and face covered with a chaperon, out of which there are but two holes to look through.
- A device placed on the foreheads of horses which draw the hearse in pompous funerals.
an adult who accompanies unmarried men or women — see chaperone
to accompany, to escort
chaperon m (plural chaperons)
- “chaperon” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).