Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The day when God is expected to judge the world; the end times.
- Judgement day; the day of the Final Judgment; any day of decisive judgement or final dissolution.
day when God is expected to judge the world
any day of decisive judgement
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
doomsday (not comparable)
- Concerned with or predicting future universal destruction.
- Given to or marked by forebodings or predictions of impending calamity.
- 2001, David L. Lieber; Jules Harlow, Etz Hayim: Torah and Commentary, page 867:
- The Sages chose to end the haftarah with this message of hope, in contrast to the episode's last verse with its doomsday warning that "if you persist in your wrongdoing, both you and your king shall be swept away."
- Capable of causing widespread or total destruction.
Terms derived from the adjective "doomsday"