Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
encore (plural encores)
- A brief extra performance, done after the main performance is complete.
- To play an encore.
- Can I get an encore? We want more!
- A call or demand (as by continued applause) for a repeat performance.
- The encores were numerous.
brief extra performance after the main performance is complete
a call for a repeat performance
- (said by audience members after a performance) Please perform again!
please perform again
- (after the adverb pas) yet, not yet
Je n'ai pas encore fini. ― I haven't finished yet.