Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
excursion (plural excursions)
- A brief recreational trip; a journey out of the usual way.
- While driving home I took an excursion and saw some deer.
- 1922, Ben Travers, chapter 2, A Cuckoo in the Nest:
- Mother […] considered that the exclusiveness of Peter's circle was due not to its distinction, but to the fact that it was an inner Babylon of prodigality and whoredom, from which every Kensingtonian held aloof, except on the conventional tip-and-run excursions in pursuit of shopping, tea and theatres.
brief recreational trip
- excursion in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- excursion in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- excursion at OneLook Dictionary Search
excursion f (plural excursions)