extinguir (first-person singular present indicative extinguo, past participle extinguído)
- to extinguish, quench
- This is a regular verb of the -ir group.
- The last letter combination gu is changed to g, depending on the following vowel, resulting in these four possible sequences: -ga-, -gue-, -gui- and -go-.
- Verbs with this conjugation include: conseguir, distinguir, seguir.
From Latin extinguere, present active infinitive of extinguō.
extinguir (first-person singular present extingo, first-person singular preterite extinguí, past participle extinguido)
- to extinguish, to put out
- to carry out (a task, etc.)
becomes a g
Other verbs with this conjugation: