Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Flunk
- (US, transitive, intransitive) Of a student, to fail a class; to not pass.
- He flunked math, again.
- (US, transitive) Of a teacher, to deny a student a passing grade.
- Unsatisfied with Fred's progress, the teacher flunked him.
- (US, dated, informal) To shirk (a task or duty).
- To back out through fear. (Commonly in the phrase 'flunk it', the 'it' referring to a specific task avoided; sometimes without specific reference describing a person's attitude to life in general.)
to deny a passing grade