Coined by an author of Battlestar Galactica (TV series). It was English frack in the original series. Changed to frak in the later series to be a four-letter word. (Compare English fraked (“evil, wicked”) and English frakel (“vile, foul, wretched, worthless”))
- (euphemistic) Fuck.
2007, Tara McCarthy, Wouldn't Miss It for the World, page 258:
- “What the frak, Dan?”
2010, John Green, David Levithan, Will Grayson, Will Grayson:
- And I say, “Where the frak did everyone get a fake ID anyway?”
2011, Diana Rowland, Secrets of the Demon:
- Her frizzy blond hair was pulled up into a twist on top of her head, and she had on billowing hakama pants that nearly overwhelmed her skinny frame and a gray T-shirt that said FRAK OFF
- (Brabantian) coat (item of apparel)
- De frakken hangen aan de kapstok.
- The coats are at the coatstand.
- (coat): jas