Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Having an extreme dedication to a certain activity; diehard.
- He's a hardcore gamer.
- (slang) Particularly intense; thrillingly dangerous or erratic; desirably violent in appearance; pleasing or "cool" due to intensity or danger.
- That show was hardcore, dude.
- Resistant to change.
- Obscene or explicit.
- (pornography) Depicting penetration.
- (music) Faster or more intense than the regular style.
having an extreme dedication to a certain activity
resistant to change
of or pertaining to pornography that depicts penetration
faster or more intense than the regular style
- broken bricks, stone and/or other aggregate used as foundations especially in road and path laying.
2014 August 24, Jeff Howell, “Home improvements: gravel paths and cutting heating bills [print version: Cold comfort in technology, 23 August 2014, p. P5]”, The Daily Telegraph (Property):
- You need to excavate and remove the topsoil, line the subsoil with a geotextile, then lay and compact hardcore.
- hardcore punk
- gangsta rap
- Let's listen to some hardcore.
- hardcore techno
hardcore punk or techno music
broken bricks, stone and/or aggregate
- Russian: хардко́р m (xardkór)