Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Sexual relations between close relatives, especially immediate family members and sometimes first cousins, usually considered taboo; in many jurisdictions, close relatives are not allowed to marry, and incest is a crime.
- Genetic problems caused by incest are thought to have plagued many royal families in the Middle Ages.
- 1981, William Irwin Thompson, The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light:Mythology, Sexuality and the Origins of Culture, page 12:
- For a structuralist like Edmund Leach, the structure is the meaning. Genesis, for example, is about incest taboos; all the rest is noise and mystification.
- 2005, George R. R. Martin, A Feast for Crows: A Song of Ice and Fire, page 225:
- He was only Craster's whelp, an abomination born of incest, not the son of the King-beyond-the-Wall.
sexual relations between close relatives
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- (transitive, intransitive) To engage in incestuous sexual intercourse.
- 1994, Kathryn Carter, Interpretive Approaches to Interpersonal Communication:
- I do not want anyone to feel that my lesbianism is a result of being incested.
- 2009, Antonino Ferro, The Analytic Field: A Clinical Concept (page 206)
- Her erotic transference ultimately devolved into a revelation that she had been consistently incested by her brother
- 2011, Marvin Mengeling, Crows, Pete Rose, UFOs: And Other Pretty Pieces (page 2)
- […] the most powerful of that bunch of immortal giants called Titans was Cronus, who “incested” with sister Rhea, who then birthed the Olympians (Zeus and his bunch) […]
- incest on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- “incest”, in Collins English Dictionary.
- “incest, n.”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–present.
- incest at OneLook Dictionary Search
- “incest”, in Merriam–Webster Online Dictionary.
- “incest” in TheFreeDictionary.com, Huntingdon Valley, Pa.: Farlex, Inc., 2003–2022.
incest m (uncountable)
incest n (plural incesturi)
Declension of incest
ìncest m (Cyrillic spelling ѝнцест)