- 1 English
- 2 Dutch
- 3 Serbo-Croatian
- Sexual relations between close relatives, especially immediate family members and first cousins, usually considered taboo; in many jurisdictions, close relatives are not allowed to marry, and incest is a crime.
- Genetic problems caused by incest are thought to have plagued many royal families in the Middle Ages.
- 2005, George R. R. Martin, A Feast for Crows: A Song of Ice and Fire, page 225:
- He was only Craster's whelp, an abomination born of incest, not the son of the King-beyond-the-Wall.
sexual relations between close relatives
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- To engage in sexual intercourse with a relative.
incest m (uncountable)
ìncest m (Cyrillic spelling ѝнцест)