Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
invitation (plural invitations)
- The act of inviting; solicitation; the requesting of a person's company.
- an invitation to a party, to a dinner, or to visit a friend
- A document written or printed, or spoken words, conveying the message by which one is invited.
- Allurement; enticement.
- (fencing) A line that is intentionally left open to encourage the opponent to attack.
act of inviting
document or spoken words conveying the message by which one is invited
fencing: line left open
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
invitation f (plural invitations)
- “invitation” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
invitation (plural invitationes)