Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Kitty
- kittie (young cat)
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈkɪti/
- (US, Canada) IPA(key): /ˈkɪti/, [ˈkʰɪɾi]
Audio (AU) (file)
- (US, Canada) Homophones: kiddie, kiddy
- Rhymes: -ɪti
kitty (plural kitties)
- (informal) A kitten or young cat.
- (childish, sometimes capitalized) A pet name for a cat.
- Aw, look at the kitty!
- 2007, Pam Johnson-Bennett, Starting from Scratch: How to Correct Behavior Problems in Your Adult Cat
- Even how a child picks up and handles the cat can make the kitty begin to fear the very sight of the youngster.
- A money pool, as for a card game, or for shared expenses.
- (poker, slang) In a home game, a small, specified amount taken from each pot to pay the host's expenses.
- (slang, vulgar) Female genitals. (Euphemistic form of pussy.)
- (card games) A set of additional cards dealt face down in some games.
- (money pool): pot
kitten, small cat
(childish) pet name for a cat
pool of money