Jump to navigation Jump to search
lineage (plural lineages)
- Descent in a line from a common progenitor; progeny; descending line of offspring or ascending line of parentage.
- 2011 July 19, Ella Davies, “Stick insects survive one million years without sex”, in BBC:
- They traced the ancient lineages of two species to reveal the insects' lengthy history of asexual reproduction.
- (advertising) A number of lines of text in a column.
- 1927, William Leonard Crum, Advertising Fluctuations, Seasonal and Cyclical:
- Total newspaper advertising lineage in the North Atlantic region
(Can we add an example for this sense?)
number of lines