Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Very wealthy and comfortable surroundings.
- Something desirable but expensive.
- 1910, Emerson Hough, chapter I, in The Purchase Price: Or The Cause of Compromise, Indianapolis, Ind.: The Bobbs-Merrill Company, OCLC 639762314, page 0088:
- “ […] We are engaged in a great work, a treatise on our river fortifications, perhaps? But since when did army officers afford the luxury of amanuenses in this simple republic ? […] ”
- Something very pleasant but not really needed in life.
- (dispensable thing): necessity
very wealthy and comfortable surroundings
something desirable but expensive
something very pleasant but not really needed in life
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- very expensive
- not essential but desirable and enjoyable and indulgent.
- (automotive) Pertaining to the top-end market segment for mass production mass market vehicles, above the premium market segment.