Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
multiplex (not comparable)
- Comprising several interleaved parts
- (medicine) Having multiple members with a particular condition.
2009, The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Psychopharmacology, page 951:
- Supporting an additive model, simplex families […] have less impairment than multiplex families (those with two or more individuals affected) in language processing.
multiplex (plural multiplexes)
- A building where several activities occur in multiple units concurrently
- (by extension) A large cinema complex comprising of many (e.g. more than five, and often over ten) movie theatres
- (juggling) throwing motion where more than one ball is thrown with one hand at the same time.
- To interleave several activities
- (computing) To combine several signals into a single signal
- (juggling) To make a multiplex throw.
to combine signals
Third declension, neuter nominative singular like masculine/feminine.
|Case \ Gender||Masc./Fem.||Neuter||Masc./Fem.||Neuter|