Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: 'ner
- 1 English
- 2 German
- 3 Lojban
- 4 Norwegian Bokmål
- 5 Old Irish
- 6 Romansch
- 7 Swedish
- (slang, childish) An interjection generally used when gloating about a perceived cause of humiliation or inferiority for the person being addressed, often when disagreeing with a statement considered incorrect or irrelevant.
- You're wrong, so ner!
- I don't care what you think, so ner!
- I've got more sweets than you. Ner ner ner ner ner!
- ner ner ner ner ner
- Emphatic form of ner — pronounced /nɜː nɜː nə nɜː nɜː/ and sung or spoken with the rhythm: crotchet, dotted quaver, semiquaver, crotchet, crotchet. Spelling is not canonical; alternatives are "ner ner na ner ner" or "ner ner ne ner ner".
- (until 2005, Bokmål) Alternative spelling of
ner (not comparable)
- down; in a direction downwards
- down; off (with various verbs to denote something which is turned off or shut down)