Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The state of forgetfulness or distraction; fig. confused.
- The state of being completely forgotten.
- A state of permanent unconsciousness existing after death; a state of nonexistence or nothingness.
- He found him in a desert land, in the oblivion, a howling wilderness.
- A state of nothingness
- (figuratively) A wasteland; a supernatural realm of waste, like hell.
- I will cast them into oblivion!
- Close shut the gates of oblivion!
state of forgetfulness or distraction
state of being completely forgotten
state of permanent unconsciousness after death
figuratively: wasteland; a supernatural realm of waste, like hell
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (transitive) To consign to oblivion; to efface utterly.
- oblivion in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- “oblivion”, in The Century Dictionary, New York: The Century Co., 1911
- oblivion at OneLook Dictionary Search