Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- obnoctious (obsolete)
- Extremely unpleasant, offensive, very annoying, odious or contemptible.
- He was an especially obnoxious and detestable specimen of a man.
- Throwing stones at the bus is another example of your obnoxious behaviour.
- (preceded by "to feel") Ashamed; acutely aware of one's own offensive qualities.
- to feel obnoxious
1989, Antônio Torres, Blues for a Lost Childhood: A Novel of Brazil, page 41:
- Someone jolted my arm and the contents of my glass spilled onto an immaculate white dress. I felt obnoxious.
2013, Molly Cutpurse, Dark Man, ISBN 1291533036, page 44:
- He felt obnoxious and knew perfectly well that he would have no explanation whatsoever had anyone discovered him, but she looked so alluring, so untroubled, so fortunate, that his only concern was the terrible crack the shutter made...quiet as it was.
- (archaic) exposed to harm or injury.
offensive, very annoying