Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (literally) To survey, look at something in a wide angle.
- (figuratively) To supervise, guide, review or direct the actions of a person or group.
- Synonym: superintend
- It is congress's duty to oversee the spending of federal funds.
- 2022 February 9, Tom Allett, “The BTP's eyes and ears in the air”, in RAIL, number 950, page 50:
- Based at BTP's London headquarters, Russell's team of three full-timers in the drone unit are responsible for overseeing the safety of drones in support of police officers.
- To inspect, examine
- Gamekeepers oversee a hunting ground to see to the wildlife's welfare and look for poachers.
- (obsolete) To fail to see; to overlook, ignore.
- To observe secretly or unintentionally.
to survey, look at something in a wide angle
to supervise, guide, review or direct the actions of a person or group
to inspect, examine
to see secretly or unintentionally
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked