Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (literally) To survey, look at something in a wide angle.
- (figuratively) To supervise, guide, review or direct the actions of a person or group.
- It is congress's duty to oversee the spending of federal funds.
- To inspect, examine
- Gamekeepers oversee a hunting ground to see to the wildlife's welfare and look for poachers.
- (obsolete) To fail to see; to overlook, ignore.
- To observe secretly or unintentionally.
to survey, look at something in a wide angle
to supervise, guide, review or direct the actions of a person or group
to inspect, examine
to see secretly or unintentionally
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked