Jump to navigation Jump to search
pebble (plural pebbles)
- A small stone, especially one rounded by the action of water.
- (geology) A particle from 4 to 64 mm in diameter, following the Wentworth scale.
- (curling) A small droplet of water intentionally sprayed on the ice that cause irregularities on the surface.
- Transparent and colourless rock crystal.
- Brazilian pebble
rock fragment between 4 and 64 millimetres in diameter
small droplet of water intentionally sprayed on the ice
- (transitive) To pave with pebbles.
- (transitive, curling) To deposit water droplets on the ice.
- to pebble the ice between games
- (transitive) To give (leather) a rough appearance with small rounded prominences.
- (transitive, graph theory) To place a pebble at (a vertex of a graph) according to certain rules; see pebble game.
To pave with pebbles
To deposit water droplets on the ice